1) WHEN IS A CANDIDATE SAID TO HAVE BEEN REGISTERED FOR AN EXAMINATION ?The registration for any examination is complete only when a candidate has fulfilled the following;
- The candidate details have been captured in full by the school
- The candidate has paid the relevant examination fees where applicable and
- The entries have been accepted by the Examinations Council of Zambia. The three sets of requirements must be met for a candidate to be duly registered for any examination conducted by the ECZ. Candidates are also encouraged to verify the registration details to avoid queries on mispelt candidates details or capturing incorrect subjects.
2) WHO IS AN UNDER PROTEST CANDIDATE ?An under protest candidate is a candidate who is duly registered for the examination but
at the time of examination they write an additional subject. In short, the candidate is
writing a subject that they did not register for. Under protest candidates are registered
candidates but write an additional subject they did not enter for during the registration period.
In such instances, results are only released after paying penalty fees for writing a subject the candidate never registered for.
3) WHO IS AN ILLEGAL CANDIDATE ?An illegal candidate is a candidate who is totally not registered for the examination. The candidate details are nowhere in the ECZ database. The candidate did not register at school level. The results are only released after follow ups are made and in making those follow up, the candidates pays the relevant penalty fees to have the results released.
3) HOW MUCH ARE THE REGISTRATION FEES ?The following are the 2017 approved scale of examination fees by level:
GRADE 7There are NO examination fees charged at this level.
GRADE 9 – INTERNALAdministration Fee - K5.00 (Five Kwacha Only) per candidate
GRADE 9 – EXTERNALEntry Fee – K70.00 (Seventy Kwacha Only) per candidate.
Subject Fee – K75.00 (Seventy-Five Kwacha Only) per subject.
GRADE 12 – INTERNALEntry Fee – K25.00 (Twenty-Five Kwacha Only) per candidate.
Subject Fee – K23.00 (Twenty-Three Kwacha Only) per subject.
GENERAL CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION (G.C.E)Entry Fee – K75.00 (Seventy-Five Kwacha Only) per candidate.
Subject Fee – K120.00 (One Hundred and Twenty Kwacha Only) per subject.
* In all cases examination fees should be paid at Examination Centres and must be accompanied by an official ECZ receipt.